Join our team!
Careers at WatServ
At WatServ, we want to help one another succeed. As a WatServ employee, we will provide you with opportunities to work with skilled and supportive colleagues on challenging projects.
Founded in 2006, WatServ has an unparalleled reputation in our industry for integrity, knowledge, and service. To maintain this leading market position, we rely on experience and collaboration, both internal and with our partners and customers.
As a global leader in managed services and hosting of Microsoft Dynamics solutions, we have employees worldwide to support our ever-growing VAR channel and customer footprint. WatServ manages complex, mission-critical business applications for the SMB market, and helps clients evolve and realize their full potential in an ever-changing digital ecosystem. The company is now expanding its platform to provide customers with complete business solutions for the modern workplace.
We offer highly competitive salaries, commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications. WatServ also offers a comprehensive employee benefits plan, and a close-knit and supportive culture.
If you would like to be a part of our productive, enthusiastic team please browse our current openings and apply now.
WatServ is owned by Brookfield Asset Management, a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $285 billion of assets under management. For more information, visit www.brookfield.com.
Please send any inquiries to email@example.com
Vice President, Client Success
Founded in 2006, WatServ is a leading next-gen Managed Services Provider specializing in private, public and multi-cloud solutions. WatServ have continually expanded their offering portfolio to provide customers with complete business solutions for the modern workplace.
WatServ is focused on hosting complex, high-availability environments for enterprise-level applications. Relying on the Microsoft and Google public cloud in addition to WatServ’s own private cloud, the company offers customers and partners the opportunity to create their ideal managed cloud environment. WatServ is a GOLD Certified Cloud Solution Partner in the Microsoft ecosystem.
WatServ has office locations in Canada and the United States and is relied upon by customers for premium 24×7 support and technical expertise. With over 10,000 users, connecting from 60 countries, they are ready to help anytime, anywhere.
In 2016 WatServ was recognized as one of the 30 Fasted Growing Microsoft Solution Providers as well as CIO Review’s 100 most promising Microsoft Solution Providers. Dave Lacey, CEO of WatServ joined the organization in 2017 and has been focused on building a solid executive team and growing the organization with great success. This growth has created an opportunity for a new role to be created for a Vice President of Client Success.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President, Client Success will be responsible for driving customer success outcomes, and the development and execution of customer strategy. The VP, Client Success will be accountable for new business growth within current accounts and will also influence future value through higher product adoption and customer satisfaction.
The VP, Client Success will be customer success and results driven and believe that broader corporate objectives take importance over individual gains. Building relationships with top accounts will be key to success in this role.
A key part of the executive team, the VP will work with the CTO, CFO and SVP Sales and Marketing to contribute to the overall business strategy and will lead a matrix team of cross-functional WatServ experts to deliver on and meet customer needs and expectations.
The ideal candidate is an articulate communicator who can interact at all levels of the organization and will be able to establish credibility with senior executives in client organizations to deepen existing client relationships and develop new ones. The successful incumbent will be customer success driven, results driven, and believe that broader corporate objectives take importance over individual gains. You must have 5+ years of experience leading a customer-facing organization, ideally in a technology environment. Previous experience in helping organizations through the transition from on premise to Cloud support is highly desired.
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Margaret Vanwyck, firstname.lastname@example.org or Kristen Manning, Kristen.email@example.com. To be considered for the position, please submit your resume and related information online at https://www.odgersberndtson.com/en/careers/15308
WatServ is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by both Odgers Berndtson and WatServ throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Director of Cloud Sales
Founded in 2006 Waterloo, Ontario Canada, WatServ is a leading next-gen Managed Services Provider specializing in private, public and multi-cloud solutions. Our company is focused on hosting complex, high-availability environments for enterprise-level applications. Relying on the Microsoft and Google public cloud in addition to WatServ’s private cloud, we offer our customers and partners the opportunity to create their ideal managed cloud environment. WatServ has office locations in Canada and the United States and is relied upon by customers for our premium 24×7 support and technical knowledge. With over 10,000 users, connecting from 60 countries, we are ready to help anytime, anywhere. For more information, visit www.watserv.com.
WatServ is an affiliate of Brookfield Business Partners (BBP), a public company with majority ownership by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. BBP is listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges. Further information is available at www.brookfield.com.
WatServ is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to help grow our new client sales pipeline focused on Cloud Technologies and associated professional and managed services.
Reporting to SVP, Sales and Marketing, the Director of Cloud Sales will be primarily responsible for prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business via project and term contracts for technology services provided by WatServ.
The Director of Sales will focus on identifying and qualifying opportunities with new customers seeking to leverage cloud technology and associated managed services provided by WatServ. The Director of Sales will also engage with existing WatServ Customers where opportunity exists to expand WatServ’s impact and value to its Customers.
- Leverage your established peer-to-peer relationships, business contemporaries, and industry influencer network contacts to enable efficient and effective WatServ promotion and qualified sales engagement.
- Conduct needs analysis and determine customer pain points as part of quality sales strategy and opportunity pursuit development.
- Close new opportunities for WatServ business growth including upsells, cross sells, service opportunities and referrals.
- Position WatServ enterprise business management solutions using appropriate sales approaches and techniques, including team and/or consultative presentations and identify key buying influencers to determine buying criterial, budget and timelines.
- Create and orchestrate pipeline development and target customer contact strategies and campaigns leveraging in-person interaction, electronic marketing and outbound sales communications techniques.
- Maintain effective interaction and engagement with WatServ channel partners for pipeline development and efficient and effective sales cycle progression.
- Work effectively at all levels of the WatServ organization including architects, developers, project managers and customer relationship management.
- Manage data for sales initiatives and opportunities in Dynamics CRM following a disciplined approach to pipeline forecasting, management, and reporting.
- Work with the internal WatServ teams to develop new products and services relevant to customer and industry demands.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volumes.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to plan and orchestrate effective business and technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to articulate and present the business value of Cloud computing including current and target strategies and platform roadmaps from prominent industry cloud platform providers including Microsoft and Google.
- Competitive landscape knowledge and knowledge of enterprise Cloud (SaaS) software solutions.
- Qualified/accredited training and experience with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with insight and view-points of hybrid/multi-cloud adoption/deployment strategies developed through direct involvement in actual customer cloud deployments.
- Experience leading large cloud deals especially those involving application portfolio modernization and migration, ERP on cloud, big compute and related technologies.
- Understanding of partner/channel ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Business Development Manager
- Research customer prospects visiting the WatServ website
- Follow up on marketing activities
- Interface with internal teams to ensure all lines of business within WatServ are effectively represented to our client base.
- Proactively initiate new client partnerships with targeted accounts
- Establish opportunities for our Sales team to present our value-proposition to strategic Senior Executive and Management level and contacts
- Utilize strategic client hunting practices, industry/market analysis, internal communication, external promotions and constant in-depth client analysis to uncover revenue opportunities
Maintain Corporate Standards
- Conduct all sales activity according to corporate standards
- Document all sales activity using internal processes
- Use established internal processes, programs and initiatives to develop accounts
- Maintain effective relationships within the sales team
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Communication skills, including written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A sense of urgency
- Planning and organizing
- Problem Solving
- Cold Calling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Private Cloud solutions
- Industry knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Managed Services and Support
WatServ is seeking an experienced Project Manager in the Southern Ontario region. Reporting to the Director of Service Delivery and working with a dynamic team, you will be responsible for overseeing client project management to ensure high customer satisfaction through all stages of each project.
Primary Accountabilities For This Role Include:
- Oversee client project management from initiation, planning, execution and monitoring & controlling phases.
- Responsible for managing critical paths, risks, milestones, budgets & stakeholder expectations.
- Develop and build relationships with clients to deliver holistic solutions that will increase WatServ’s share of wallet through Cloud application & infrastructure projects and advisory services
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible
- Provide oversight and direction to implementation team to ensure the deployment meets the project specs and requirements.
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Manage ongoing quality control and participate in quality issue resolution
- Work on and complete multiple projects and deliverables with limited supervision, and work independently or in a small team environment.
- Anticipate and proactively mediate project issues internally and with customers
- Strive to consistently improve customer satisfaction, delivery times and service levels while reducing costs.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
- Understand inter-dependencies between technology, operations and business needs
- Focus on customer needs, challenges & outcomes, leveraging industry insights & the Solutions Portfolio packaged offerings prioritized for your role.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction by focusing on customer needs first, and managing, escalating, and/or orchestrating sales and delivery success through account-aligned resources, and technical teams
- In partnership with the Director of Service Delivery, establish a Project Management framework based on industry best practices, customized to match WatServ’s specific needs.
- Create and maintain a document library of reusable templates for managing full project life cycle (Scope statement, WBS, RAID Log, Weekly/Monthly Project Reports, etc.)
- In the absence of a formal Project Management Office, define requirements and establish key PMO functions around governance, schedule management, financial management, risk/issue/scope management, resource management, quality management, and communications management
Education, & Experience Requirements
- In-depth knowledge of project management concepts, practices and techniques (Project Management certification preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of project management life cycle, methodologies and support tools
- Extensive experience managing infrastructure, information security, and private/public cloud projects.
- Experience managing public cloud projects (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services) is a definite plus.
- Proven Leadership skills, with ability to drive results while cultivating a culture of collaboration and team work
- C-level executive presentation skills
- A strong communicator both in written and verbal communication
- Minimum 3 years experience managing complex IT project management in an external client-facing Project Manager role