Join our team!
Careers at WatServ
At WatServ, we want to help one another succeed. As a WatServ employee, we will provide you with opportunities to work with skilled and supportive colleagues on challenging projects.
Founded in 2006, WatServ has an unparalleled reputation in our industry for integrity, knowledge, and service. To maintain this leading market position, we rely on experience and collaboration, both internal and with our partners and customers.
As a global leader in managed services and hosting of Microsoft Dynamics solutions, we have employees worldwide to support our ever-growing VAR channel and customer footprint. WatServ manages complex, mission-critical business applications for the SMB market, and helps clients evolve and realize their full potential in an ever-changing digital ecosystem. The company is now expanding its platform to provide customers with complete business solutions for the modern workplace.
We offer highly competitive salaries, commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications. WatServ also offers a comprehensive employee benefits plan, and a close-knit and supportive culture.
If you would like to be a part of our productive, enthusiastic team please browse our current openings and apply now.
WatServ is owned by Brookfield Asset Management, a leading global alternative asset manager with approximately $285 billion of assets under management. For more information, visit www.brookfield.com.
Please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Engagement Executive
Reporting to SVP, Sales and Marketing and working closely with a team of Account Executives, the Account Engagement Executive’s primary responsibility will be prospecting, qualifying, selling and closing new business to WatServ’s existing customers.
The Account Engagement Executive will have a dual focus of supporting retention and identifying and qualifying opportunities to expand existing customer engagement by adding new WatServ services to address new or changing Customer business requirements. The Account Engagement Executive will also engage with prospective customers and related opportunities as requirements and demand dictate.
The Account Engagement Executive will bring strong discipline and point of view of effective installed-base customer engagement strategies and related processes and will use all resources to solve customer problems with appropriate WatServ enterprise software platforms and managed services capabilities.
- Establish and maintain productive peer-to-peer relationships with customer representatives and key stakeholders.
- Conduct needs analysis and determine customer pain points as part of quality sales strategy and opportunity pursuit development.
- Identify and close new opportunities for WatServ business growth including up-sells, cross-sells, service opportunities and referrals.
- Position WatServ enterprise business management solutions using appropriate sales approaches and techniques, including team and/or consultative presentations and efforts.
- Identify key buying influencers to determine budget and timelines.
- Facilitate effective customer engagement and contact strategies leveraging in-person interactions and electronic marketing and sales communications techniques and tools.
- Engage with WatServ channel partners throughout the opportunity sales cycle.
- Work effectively at all levels of the WatServ organization including architects, developers and senior executives.
- Manage data for sales initiatives and opportunities in Dynamics CRM following a disciplined approach to pipeline forecasting, management, and reporting.
- Work with the internal WatServ teams to develop new products and services relevant to customer demands.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volumes.
- 10+ years of experience in sales of managed ERP and business performance management software solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to discuss technical subjects with non-technical audiences.
- Understanding of cloud platforms including Microsoft Azure and Office365, hybrid cloud technologies and complementing third-solutions. Ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s Azure apps and infrastructure related cloud solutions and have firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and products relative to major competitors.
- Experience and understanding of Google cloud services including Google Cloud Platform if desired.
- Experience leading large cloud deals especially those involving application portfolio modernization and migration, ERP on cloud, big compute and related technologies.
- Competitive landscape knowledge. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud platform competitor landscape.
- Understanding of partner/channel ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Azure and Infrastructure Solution Sales Executive
As an SSE, you will be a senior solution sales leader within our sales organization working with our most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed Azure sales and usage/consumption targets for application and infrastructure related workloads. You will help customers evaluate our cloud platform for their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
Primary Accountabilities For This Role Include:
- Build and transform new markets and lead transformational shifts for our mid-market and upper mid-market customers. Develop, communicate and provide high business impact solutions that enable digital transformation.
- Discipline in business-management; adaptable to a culture of accountability; build a strong and active business network; meets sales targets and operational standards.
- Work with the internal WatServ team to build new products and services relevant to customer demands.
Education, Key Experiences, Skills And Knowledge
- 5+ years’ experience selling business solutions mid-market and upper mid-market customers with a focus on cloud application development and cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Sales Process Management. Effective sales process management and execution including: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, and large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies, specifically solutions related to new internal LOB apps and external facing apps, migration to cloud, Hybrid cloud, datacenter infrastructure modernization, DevOps/DevTest.
- Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence.
- Cloud Platform Experience. Understanding of cloud platforms including Azure platform services, hybrid cloud technologies, developer tools and/or complementing solutions. Requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft’s Azure apps and infrastructure related cloud solutions and have firm understanding of Microsoft’s strategies and products relative to major competitors.
- Experience leading large cloud deals especially those involving Application portfolio modernization and migration, ERP on cloud, big compute and related technologies.
- Competitive Landscape knowledge. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud platform competitor landscape.
- Understanding of partner/channel ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
Education / Other
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of solution sales experience or a Bachelor’s degree
Business Development Manager
- Research customer prospects visiting the WatServ website
- Follow up on marketing activities
- Interface with internal teams to ensure all lines of business within WatServ are effectively represented to our client base.
- Proactively initiate new client partnerships with targeted accounts
- Establish opportunities for our Sales team to present our value-proposition to strategic Senior Executive and Management level and contacts
- Utilize strategic client hunting practices, industry/market analysis, internal communication, external promotions and constant in-depth client analysis to uncover revenue opportunities
Maintain Corporate Standards
- Conduct all sales activity according to corporate standards
- Document all sales activity using internal processes
- Use established internal processes, programs and initiatives to develop accounts
- Maintain effective relationships within the sales team
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Communication skills, including written, oral, presentation and interpersonal skills
- A sense of urgency
- Planning and organizing
- Problem Solving
- Cold Calling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Private Cloud solutions
- Industry knowledge of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Managed Services and Support
WatServ is seeking an experienced Database Administrator in the Southern Ontario region.
Reporting to the Director of Managed Service Solutions and working with a dynamic team, you will be responsible for installation, patch, configuration, maintaining and monitoring the SQL Server to ensure each customer contract is being fulfilled. You will also be expected to trouble shoot related issues, provide database consultation to other teams and management, establish and maintain written best practices and operational procedures, and maintain database security while ensuring appropriate access to the SQL Server. The role will also include rotational 7×24 on-call schedule to monitor alerts/notifications.
- Installation, patching, and configuration of SQL Server instance with MS best practices and underlying applications
- Setup and configuration of SQL server maintenance plans and SQL jobs
- Setup SQL server critical alerts/notifications
- Maintain database security and ensure appropriate access
- Regular reviews of SQL Server to ensure SQL Server and its components perform the activities optimally within the underlying hardware.
- Review and re-configure new databases and SQL agent jobs; Research on questionable issues, find, and implement solutions, report findings to relevant team, creating tickets if necessary
- Daily SQL server operational support such as backup, restore, refresh of PreProd database, customer SQL job creation/modification/execution, backup reports, database usage reports, user creation/modification/permissions, license reports, server related objects creation such as linked servers.
- Perform performance analysis, database upgrade, migration, and upgrade
- Work with system and application admins to troubleshoot database related issues
- Provide database consultation to other teams and management
- Establish and maintain written best practices and operational procedures; follow SQL Server related new technology, learn, test, and apply to the WatServ environment appropriately
- Monitoring of SQL Server security vulnerability and workaround/patch information and advice to ensure underlying SQL instances are running in the latest possible patch against SQL breaching
- 5 years experience
- A strong communicator both in written and verbal communication
- Support of SQL Server versions 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016 including: Database Engine, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, Azure database, and Power BI
- Support of SQL Server database high available strategies such as failover cluster, replication, AlwaysOn, mirroring, log shipping, and DR recovery strategies
- SQL Server tuning using Profiler, trace, extended event, query plans, Index Tuning Wizard, Dynamic Management Views and Functions (DMVs), and other third-party tools
- Develop SQL jobs, T-SQL stored procedures, functions, Powershell scripts, batch scripts to support internal/external processes and improve system performance
- Thorough understanding Microsoft SQL Server database concepts, functions, features, and principles
- Knowledge of T-SQL, Powershell scripting, SQL Server system tables, dynamic views/functions, stored procedures and functions
- Understand Windows operating system, AD, DNS, backup/restore and storage.
- Understand data-mapping and logical and physical data modeling
- Understand and develop integration packages through SSIS
- Public Cloud database platform offerings (AWS, Azure, Google)