What is Azure?
Azure is a complete cloud platform that can host your existing applications, streamline the development of new applications, and even enhance on-premises applications. Azure integrates the cloud services that you need to develop, test, deploy, and manage your applications—while taking advantage of the efficiencies of cloud computing.
Azure is Your Cloud
Wherever your data is, Microsoft Azure will help you unlock its potential. Build intelligent apps faster using the tools and technologies of your choice and artificial intelligence (AI) that’s already built-in.
Unlock insight on any data
Empower Enterprise Mobility
Create your Internet of things
Enable application innovation
Top benefits of Azure
Azure eliminates the capital expense of buying hardware and software and setting up and running on-site datacenters—the racks of servers, the round-the-clock electricity for power and cooling, and the IT staff for managing the infrastructure.
With Azure vast amounts of computing resources can be provisioned in minutes, typically with just a few mouse clicks, giving your business a lot of flexibility and taking the pressure off capacity planning.
Azure services include the ability to scale elastically. In cloud speak, that means delivering the right amount of IT resources—for example, more or less computing power, storage, bandwidth—right when it’s needed, and from the right geographic location.
On-site datacenters typically require a lot of “racking and stacking”—hardware set up, software patching, and other time-consuming IT management chores. Azure removes the need for many of these tasks, so your IT team can spend time on achieving your more important business goals.
Azure services run on a worldwide network of secure data centers, which are regularly upgraded to the latest generation of fast and efficient computing hardware. This offers several benefits over a single corporate data center, including reduced network latency for applications and greater economies of scale.
Azure makes data backup, disaster recovery, and business continuity easier and less expensive because data can be mirrored at multiple redundant sites.
Azure is productive for developers
Get your apps to market faster. Azure integrated tools, from mobile DevOps to serverless computing support your productivity. Build the way you want to, using the tools and open source technologies you already know. Azure supports a range of operating systems, programming languages, frameworks, databases, and devices.
- Continuously innovate and deliver high-quality apps.
- Provide cross-device experiences with support for all major mobile platforms.
- Run any stack, Linux-based or Windows-based, and use advanced capabilities such as Kubernetes cluster in Azure Container Service.
Azure is the only consistent hybrid cloud
Build and deploy wherever you want with Azure, the only consistent hybrid cloud on the market. Connect data and apps in the cloud and on-premises—for maximum portability and value from your existing investments. Azure offers hybrid consistency in application development, management and security, identity management, and across the data platform.
- Extend Azure on-premises and build innovative, hybrid apps with Azure Stack.
- Connect on-premises data and apps to overcome complexity and optimize your existing assets.
- Distribute and analyze data seamlessly across cloud and on-premises.
Azure is the cloud for building intelligent apps
Use Azure to create data-driven, intelligent apps. From image recognition to bot services, take advantage of Azure data services and artificial intelligence to create new experiences—that scale—and support deep learning, HPC simulations, and real-time analytics on any shape and size of data.
- Develop breakthrough apps with built-in AI.
- Build and deploy custom AI models at scale, on any data.
- Combine the best of Microsoft and open source data and AI innovations.
Azure is the cloud you can trust
Ninety percent of Fortune 500 companies trust the Microsoft Cloud. Join them. Take advantage of Microsoft security, privacy, transparency, and the most compliance coverage of any cloud provider.
- Achieve global scale on a worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacenters across 42 announced regions.
- Detect and mitigate threats with a central view of all your Azure resources through Azure Security Center.
- Rely on the cloud with the most comprehensive compliance coverage (70+ compliance offerings), and recognized as the most trusted cloud for U.S. government institutions.