You can never be too careful when choosing to implement an ERP solution. There are many steps that you can take to ensure you are choosing the right solution. Here are some guidelines to keep in mind!
- Remember the scale of an ERP project:It’s easy to get lost when you decide to implement an ERP solution. It’s not just an IT project, it’s a company-wide implementation and is important to get right. Remember to break the process down into steps, to ensure you cover everything that you need, and to choose the right people to assist you with the implementation. Be prepared to invest time and resources into it.
- Work with IT: This may seem simple, but often people don’t prioritize this. They know what they’re doing, so trust them. The process can get complicated; the more you want the more confusing it gets. This is why you want to rely on those that know what they’re talking about.
- Train: Your system is as good as your end user. You want your users to be able to optimize their use in their day to day routines. With Microsoft Dynamics, this step is a lot easier. Dynamics solutions are similar to other Microsoft products, such as Microsoft Office. With knowledge of Outlook or Excel, this familiarity makes training easier.
- Unrealistic Expectations: Users often want to see immediate improvement after installation. However, this is usually not the case. It’s a slow process, so it’s important to be patient. Initially, you will have to take it slow but don’t worry, the end results make up for it!
- Resistance to Change: Implementing an ERP solution means being able to embrace what comes next. It could mean overhauling your entire system in order for it to work. It’s best for you if you are ready to embrace it. When you do, everything becomes possibility.
- Information Overload: Too much information can overload a system. It can cause confusion amongst users, and disorganization. It may not produce the same report that you used before the ERP implementation. It’s important that you keep track of your processes, and not to put everything into the system all at once.
With these tips to keep in mind, you should also note that WatServ is dedicated to providing the best support when deciding on, and implementing, the ideal ERP solution. Find out more about our solutions and how we can help here.