Who We Are:
WatServ is an IT solutions provider that helps clients digitally transform their business through cloud technologies and services. Founded in 2006, WatServ specializes in providing hybrid and multi-cloud solutions and hosting complex, high-availability environments for enterprise-level applications. WatServ’s unique approach to planning, migrating, and managing multi-cloud environments, plus premium 24x7x365 support, enables its global customers to focus on their core business. Relying on Microsoft and Google’s public clouds, in addition to its own private cloud, the company offers an ideal managed cloud environment engineered for security, reliability and performance. With offices in Canada and the United States, and with 1000’s of users connecting from around the world, WatServ is always on.
WatServ has been experiencing extraordinary growth despite COVID-19. This role is a great opportunity to “get in on the ground floor” and become part of a contemporary, progressive, and successful company. WatServ provides leading edge solutions in all facets of IT operations, including cloud infrastructure, cybersecurity, and business productivity.
WatServ is an affiliate of Brookfield Business Partners (BBU), a public company with majority ownership by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchange. More information about BBU is available at www.brookfield.com
For more information, please visit www.watserv.com
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect, preferably based in North America, available to work during business hours EDT. Reporting to the Director of Architecture, you will be responsible for designing and executing Azure cloud solutions, leveraging your strong M365, Intune, directory and identity services background.
You will assist and advise on all relevant projects that have heavy components in the areas of M365, directory and identity services, SSO, MFA, Intune, RBAC, PIM, Azure Policy, AD, AD Connect, ADFS, and Azure AD.
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of enterprise-scale Azure solutions
- Design and document scalable solutions to support critical infrastructure services running in Active Directory, such as LDAP, DNS, and authentication and identity solutions
- Design, document, test, and implement appropriate backup and disaster-recovery mechanisms for all Microsoft enterprise platforms (Active Directory, DNS, ADFS, etc.)
- Design, solution, and plan cloud migrations and the evolution of client services once in Azure
- Leadership and delivery of project-based assignments that encompass system architecture, proof-of-concept, and deployment services
- Facilitate and lead client configuration planning meetings and articulate pros & cons of design/architecture decisions across a wide spectrum of factors
- Strong customer relationship skills and willingness to lead customers through successful challenging projects which includes estimating, scoping, and writing effective statements of work that clearly set expectations and limit risk.
To Be Successful in This Role You Will:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to drive client conversations independently
- Bring strong business acumen with a demonstrated ability to work with clients to identify solutions to business challenges holistically factoring in commercial implications and customer satisfaction
- Display a client-centric mindset, putting the client at the center of the solution
- Diagnose the problem with a curiosity to ask probing questions to reach past the superficial symptoms to understand root causes and identify creative solutions to problems
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration and teamwork. You can lead with courage and confront complicated issues proactively and with diplomacy
- Be an effective communicator (oral and written) supported by the ability to think critically and collaborate both in-person and remotely. As well as be able to communicate technical plans with non-IT personnel in a manner they will understand.
- Exhibit well rounded financial management skills with experience estimating implementation efforts on projects ranging from $5K-$1M+
- Be versatile and able to handle several concurrent small to medium size projects or a single large program depending on the client needs
- Have a focus on quality, ensuring projects are coordinated proactively, deliverables are complete, and work is produced within the specific timelines
What You’ll Bring to The Role:
- Degree in computer or business-related field (Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems etc.)
- 2 years minimum hands-on experience building complex cloud environments on Azure
- 5+ years of architecture, solution design and implementation and/or support of environments run on Azure or across hybrid-cloud environments
- 5+ years of progressive experience in technical solutions development using Microsoft platforms with extensive experience in design, architecture, and deployment
- 2 years minimum experience solutions consulting spanning full-lifecycle technical leadership from requirements gathering through to implementation, and transition to operations.
- Design, planning and implementation experience with Azure, Windows & AD technologies
- Expert knowledge in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPOs in Azure and/or Hybrid Cloud environments
- Expert knowledge of DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS and other MS core infrastructure technologies
- A strong level of comfort guiding clients in their secure implementation of RBAC, PIM (including implementation of Just In Time, Just Enough Access Administration, Admin/User Access Reviews), Managed Identities, Intune, SSO, MFA, and Conditional access in Azure
- Experience with implementing policy driven governance in Azure
- A working knowledge of the MS Cloud Adoption Framework and Azure Well Architected Framework
- Azure Networking fundamentals: A basic understanding of VNETs, Firewalls, Express Route, VPN, NSGs, ASGs, Traffic Manager, Load balancers, etc.
- Strong communication skills
Nice to Have – 1 or more of the following:
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate
- Microsoft 365 Identity and Services and/or Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security Exams
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- CyberArk Experience
Why Job Seekers Chose WatServ:
WatServ is an innovative company that understands that today’s technology is tomorrow’s architecture. We’re excited to use the newest technology and adapt quickly to industry trends. As an employer, we want to offer our team a rewarding and challenging career with lots of growth potential.
- Competitive compensation package – including salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications
- Health Benefits – comprehensive health coverage including prescription drugs, dental, vision care, and life insurance
- RRSP/DPSP Program – when you join our program, we will match your contributions for each year of employment
- Volunteer Days – paid time away from the office to volunteer for a cause that matters to you
- Learning & Development – funding for educational courses, training, and certifications to accelerate your personal growth
- Flex Hours & Work from Home – enjoy freedom and work-life balance thanks to our flexible work hours and work from home options
- Parental Leave – we have developed a policy that supports employees as they begin their journey as parents
If you are looking for a place where ambitious people, innovative technology and an inclusive team environment intersect – we would love to hear from you!
WatServ is committed to fairness and equity in our recruitment, selection, and employment practices. At WatServ we believe that the workplace should be as diverse as the clients we serve and communities where we operate. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion practices, please contact us at HR@watserv.com.
Use your knowledge, skills and drive to build a successful career with WatServ - APPLY NOW!