Who We Are:
WatServ is an IT solutions provider that helps clients digitally transform their business through cloud technologies and services. Founded in 2006, WatServ specializes in providing hybrid and multi-cloud solutions and hosting complex, high-availability environments for enterprise-level applications. WatServ’s unique approach to planning, migrating, and managing multi-cloud environments, plus premium 24x7x365 support, enables its global customers to focus on their core business. Relying on Microsoft, and Amazon public clouds, in addition to its own private cloud, the company offers an ideal managed cloud environment engineered for security, reliability and performance. With offices in Canada and the United States, and with 1000’s of users connecting from around the world, WatServ is always on.
WatServ has been experiencing extraordinary growth despite COVID-19. This role is a great opportunity to “get in on the ground floor” and become part of a contemporary, progressive, and successful company. WatServ provides leading edge solutions in all facets of IT operations, including cloud infrastructure, cybersecurity, and business productivity.
WatServ is an affiliate of Brookfield Business Partners (BBU), a public company with majority ownership by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchange. More information about BBU is available at www.brookfield.com
For more information, please visit www.watserv.com
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Solution Architect, preferably based in Canada / North America, available to work during business hours EDT. Reporting to the Director of Architecture, you will be responsible for designing and executing cloud solutions, leveraging your background working with public clouds (AWS / Azure).
You will assist and advise on all relevant projects that have heavy components in the areas of Global Infrastructure, including the networking and security of that infrastructure, Infrastructure as Code, Public Cloud (AWS / Azure) Network topology and connectivity best practices. You will plan, analyze, and design, enterprise-scale cloud solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on cloud infrastructure systems. You will apply your technical expertise in cloud offerings to promote innovative solutions to our customers.
- Lead the design and development of enterprise-scale Cloud solutions
- Conduct architectural analysis and propose optimization of enterprise-wide systems
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches, specifically as it relates to Global Multi-Cloud strategy at the enterprise level
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish transformational cloud platform design, whether that be through re-host, re-platform, or re-factor
- Design architectures with AWS / Azure to meet our client’s technical, security and business needs, incorporating both functional and non-functional requirements
- Estimate and outline the solutions needed to implement cloud migrations as well as continued optimized operations
- Provide technical guidance to teams during the deployment and implementation of solutions, not being afraid to get hands on if needed
To Be Successful in This Role You Will:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to drive client conversations independently
- Be a judge who strikes a balance between what’s strategically logical and what can be accomplished realistically
- Bring strong business acumen with a demonstrated ability to work with clients to identify solutions to business challenges holistically factoring in commercial implications and customer satisfaction
- Display a client-centric mindset, putting the client at the center of the solution
- Diagnose the problem with a curiosity to ask probing questions to reach past the superficial symptoms to understand root causes and identify creative solutions to problems
- Cultivate a culture of collaboration and teamwork. You can lead with courage and confront complicated issues proactively and with diplomacy
- Be an effective communicator (oral and written) supported by the ability to think critically and collaborate both in-person and remotely. As well as be able to communicate technical plans with non-IT personnel in a manner they will understand.
- Exhibit well rounded financial management skills with experience estimating implementation efforts on projects ranging from $5K-$1M+
- Be versatile and able to handle concurrent small to medium size projects or a single large program depending on the client needs
- Have a focus on quality, ensuring projects are coordinated proactively, deliverables are complete, and work is produced within the specific timelines
What You’ll Bring to The Role:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 2 years minimum hands-on experience building complex cloud environments on AWS
- Strong Enterprise networking with experience in Global Network infrastructure design delivery of WAN, LAN, and Firewall
- 2+ years of architecture, solution design and implementation of environments run on AWS or across hybrid-cloud environments
- Networking: A strong understanding of VPCs, Firewalls, NACLs, SGs, various Gateways, Load Balancers, etc.
- Strong OS background with skills in Linux/UNIX and Windows
- Foundational capabilities and understanding of Programming languages and scripting
- Experience deploying Infrastructure as Code
- Familiarity with a range of IT operations, including budgeting, business continuity, data management, disaster recovery, governance, identity, security, and virtualization
- Experience in performing cost analysis in order to justify cloud-related costs to management and balance performance requirements against budget limitation.
- A working knowledge of either/both Microsoft/AWS Cloud Adoption Frameworks and Well Architected Frameworks
- Strong capabilities to design best of breed cloud solutions, including:
- Planning IP addressing for hybrid implementations
- Configuring DNS for Hybrid cloud implementations
- Optimizing Express Route / Direct Connect
- Connectivity approaches for PaaS services
- Inbound and outbound internet connectivity
- Application Delivery considerations: LBs, App Gateways, CloudFront, Global Accelerator, Transit Gateway
- Zero Trust implementation models
- Traffic Inspection, IDS/IPS
- Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Strong communication skills
One or more of the following preferred:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Experience with any of the following:
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform
- Security: Palo Alto, IDM, NAC, SASE / Edge solutions, CASB, etc.
- LAN, WAN, SAN: Trunking, Layer2/3, VRF, BGP, etc.
Why Job Seekers Chose WatServ:
WatServ is an innovative company that understands that today’s technology is tomorrow’s architecture. We’re excited to use the newest technology and adapt quickly to industry trends. As an employer, we want to offer our team a rewarding and challenging career with lots of growth potential.
- Competitive compensation package – including salary that is commensurate with your experience, skills, and qualifications
- Health Benefits – comprehensive health coverage including prescription drugs, dental, vision care, and life insurance
- RRSP/DPSP Program – when you join our program, we will match your contributions for each year of employment
- Volunteer Days – paid time away from the office to volunteer for a cause that matters to you
- Learning & Development – funding for educational courses, training, and certifications to accelerate your personal growth
- Flex Hours & Work from Home – enjoy freedom and work-life balance thanks to our flexible work hours and work from home options
- Parental Leave – we have developed a policy that supports employees as they begin their journey as parents
If you are looking for a place where ambitious people, innovative technology and an inclusive team environment intersect – we would love to hear from you!
WatServ is committed to fairness and equity in our recruitment, selection, and employment practices. At WatServ we believe that the workplace should be as diverse as the clients we serve and communities where we operate. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require an accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion practices, please contact us at HR@watserv.com.
Use your knowledge, skills and drive to build a successful career with WatServ - APPLY NOW!