Just over two months ago, Microsoft issued a major release of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3. This release brought great attention from the audiences at the Convergence 2014 in Atlanta earlier this year, it was released to the public on May 1, 2014.
According to the TEI (Total Economic Impact) by Forrester Consulting, comissioned by Microsoft, the AX 2012 software was able to generate an ROI of 92% and a payback period of 21 months. The total benefits amounting to over $6 million during the three year period. Now with the newest version, we are excited to watch these statistics grow even higher.
Whichever version you have right now you might be wondering if it is necessary to go through another upgrade. The positive news is that if you are currently using a different version of Dynamics such as GP, NAV, or SL, Microsoft offers you Transition Investment Credits to switch your license to Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
Out of many new features included in AX 2012 R3, we are impressed at the amount of work Microsoft has put into developing AX 2012 R3 so that it runs well on mobile devices. Now users who own a smartphone are able to access data from anywhere, which will increase efficiency. In addition, I have listed a few key features that are included in the newest version and ultimately, the reasons why you should consider upgrading to Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
New Technical Capabilities: this includes some new technical features including:
- Modern App Work: this allows businesses to develop, manage, distribute and use modern apps. This version comes with some already built-in apps such as AX 2012 R3 Timesheets, Expenses, POS, and more.
- Master Data Management (MDM): this is used to manage data across multiple instances of Dynamics AX. MDM supports full and incremental change synchronizations and automatic conflict detection.
Advanced Functional Capabilities: the following list includes the key features in the R3 release:
- eProcurement: a module that can be used to improve decision making by defining evaluation criteria and scoring rules for RFPs and RFIs.
- Demand Forecasting: you can use this tool to forecast demand based on your historical data.
- Warehouse Management: this is a module that bridges the functional coverage gap of the previous AX releases. It includes license plates, cluster picking and additional support for mobile device usage.
- Transportation Management: features global transportation planning and execution capabilities.
If you are looking for more details on upgrading your software, please contact us and we will gladly assist you.
WatServ demonstrates best-in-class capability and market leadership through demonstrated technology success and customer commitment.
WatServ is an IT solutions provider that helps clients digitally transform their business through cloud technologies and services. Founded in 2006, WatServ specializes in providing hybrid and multi-cloud solutions and hosting complex, high-availability environments for enterprise-level applications. WatServ’s unique approach to planning, migrating and managing multi-cloud environments, plus premium 24x7x365 support, enables its global customers to focus on their core business. Relying on Microsoft and Google’s public clouds, in addition to its own private cloud, the company offers an ideal managed cloud environment engineered for security, reliability and performance. With offices in Canada and the United States, and with more than 10,000 users connecting from 30+ countries, WatServ is always on. For more information, please visit www.watserv.com.
WatServ is an affiliate of Brookfield Business Partners (BBU), a public company with majority ownership by Brookfield Asset Management Inc. and listed on the New York and Toronto Stock Exchange. More information about BBU is available at www.brookfield.com.